Marketing addiction treatment services is a challenge at a broad level, but the challenges facing luxury rehab facilities who are advertising to a high-income, typically well-educated target demographic can be daunting and requires a unique approach to how you position your brand and its accommodations online.
If you’re operating a luxury rehab center in the US or in exotic international destinations looking to entice clients from abroad, you already know your audience is going to be very selective when determining the best option for themselves or a loved one, especially as it relates to privacy and accommodations.
It’s also worth noting that health insurance may not be of concern to them as they are more apt to pay for luxury treatment options out-of-pocket.
Due to the nature of luxury addiction treatment and its target audience, your brand needs to convey the types of accommodations and luxuries a potential patient can experience when they arrive at your facility for treatment. This will always start with the “first impression” your website provides as your people are seeking out luxury detox center options.
Successful luxury treatment centers know there are eight key website ingredients to enticing someone to reach out to them to inquire about potential admissions vs. their competition.
The eight online key ingredients to successful luxury treatment centers include:
- A clean and easy to navigate website in both desktop and mobile environments
- Clearly placed Calls-to-Action (strategically placed phone numbers, LiveChat & short form submission options)
- Unique travel arrangement offerings such as private jet and/or luxury car airport pickup
- Visual imagery on all pages indicating an unparalleled level of luxury options
- Advanced accommodations that don’t typically exist with competing centers (yoga, spa services, yachting, religious considerations, personal chef and food options, etc.)
- Videos of facility and accommodations (this should be a top priority)
- Special staffing options to address individual patient’s needs
- Privacy considerations such as low patient count (1-3 patients max at a time) or treatment of one patient at a time (this can be a huge deciding factor depending on the audience and their privacy requirements)
All of the luxury rehab centers we’ve worked with have addressed each of the above tactics to differentiate themselves and create a great first impression and website user experience. It’s made a huge impact on increasing admissions.
The next key, which is extremely important, is to do what’s required so that people find your center in the first place. This is where digital advertising and brand positioning comes into play. Beyond creating an amazing website with enticing content, visuals and user experience, your center still needs to be found online.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Foundationally speaking, many people seeking luxury rehab options will search Google for terms such as “luxury rehab”, “luxury rehab california”, “luxury rehab florida”, luxury rehab Thailand”, “luxury rehab Switzerland” “residential luxury rehab”, “luxury detox center”, etc. to find treatment centers that pop up in the list of search results. It’s just a matter of them finding your listing among others on page one.
Rehab SEO consists of all types of ongoing activities including optimized coding of existing pages, content creation and optimization and linking strategies. The process of executing successful (and ongoing) SEO is more of a marathon pace vs. sprint event, so don’t expect to see results for at least 3-6 months from the date a project starts until you hear the phone ring and inquiries start rolling into your center.
Pay-Per-Click Marketing (PPC)
All of the major search engines and social media sites offer PPC products to advertisers, but before they allow any treatment centers to advertise on their platforms, they must first be LegitScript certified*.
LegitScript certification typically takes up to six weeks or so to get through the review process until your rehab facility is either accepted or rejected. Once accepted, you’re off to the races in PPC.
In the luxury rehab space, please be aware that in order to run a PPC program the likes of Google with any remote level of success, you’ll need to earmark a minimum of $15k/month in Google Ad spend for a term such as “luxury rehab” which currently fetches over $65/click alone. This doesn’t even account for other “longer tail” phrases such as “luxury detox center”, “luxury alcohol rehab”, “luxury drug rehab”, etc.
* LegitScript certification only applies to USA-based addiction treatment facilities at this time. If you’re operating a treatment facility outside the US, you will not be able to run ads on the major search engines and social media sites at the time this article was written.
Optimized Press Releases (PR)
Most marketers in today’s world forget about the importance of online press and how press releases can amplify a brand to hundreds of relevant sites and news outlets via press release distribution channels the likes of PRWeb.com and PR Newswire.
What’s fantastic about optimized PR is that it has a multiplier effect unmatched by other digital marketing initiatives including:
- Quality backlinks to your site from PRs
- Naturally acquires links to your site by people finding PRs and doing a follow-up piece, blog post, or mention of your center and linking back to it from their sites
- Creates additional traffic to the site from people finding and clicking on your site’s link in PRs from sites syndicating your Press Releases
- Show up at the top of “News” search on engines such as Google, Yahoo!, and Bing
- The PRs themselves can oftentimes show up in organic searches for targeted phrases
Social & Social Ads
Social media advertising is important for luxury addiction treatment, but keep in mind that your demanding target demographic won’t be as concerned with quantity as they will with the quality of your profiles, posts, and digital ads.
Successful luxury treatment centers will do a minimum of 1-3 posts per week and keep their posts authentic and tailored to their target audience. They will also “boost” posts to make sure they are seen in feeds which is a requirement in today’s “pay-to-play” world the likes of Facebook.
Outside of boosting posts, your treatment center should also look at other social network advertising options including retargeting to canvas social networks more effectively and focus more of your time and marketing dollars on the advertising side of social.
There are plenty of influential people out there and many of them offer options to promote brands to their followers with sometimes glowing endorsements. The only caveats are 1) strong and luxury-focused influencers can be difficult to find, and 2) they often cost a mint to get them to promote your brand to their audience.
The great thing about getting in with influencers is once you’ve vetted and pursue engagements with them, they will promote your center to an audience that would otherwise be untapped from a marketing perspective.
You have success stories from patients and those patients know people who know people. They’ll do the work for you in spreading the word if they successfully went through treatment at your center and stay on the path to recovery.
Have Our Addiction Treatment Advertising Team Do the Work
If you’re operating a luxury rehab facility and are doing all of the above, congrats! You’re doing everything you can to market your treatment center online. If not, you need to get your “A” Game on and get to it stat.
Here at our rehab marketing agency, we have a 100% client satisfaction rate and are very selective in the types of clients we partner with to promote their brand online. Contact us today to hear a recent success story or request a free consultation.