2. Conversion-focused website development is part art form and part alchemy.
Well thought out, carefully crafted websites is an art form, but the reality is rehab centers should NEVER just design a site and call it a day.
This may come across as a puzzling statement, but if you went through the process of designing your responsive website and did nothing more to it, you’re doing your facility and your bottom line a horrible injustice.
Great designers and agencies look at a brand new site they just created almost like a new parent looks at a newborn child — with love and admiration. And just like a child, a site needs to be fed, clothed and guided to grow up strong and healthy in an ever-changing environment. This is why great designers (and digital marketers in general) always look to mix things up a bit even after a brand new site officially launches.
Like scientists in a lab with their beakers and chemicals, great designers should always mix things up like website architecture, content, layout, etc., in an ongoing and sustained manner to identify ways to enhance the value of a site in the eyes of its users and to enhance conversion rate potential.
If you already have a website, great! But there are a few questions you need to think about even if you already have a website in play.
- Is my site using beautiful imagery, well-written content, and videos to instill confidence and trust in the eyes of its end users?
- Is my site optimized in both desktop and smartphone environments?
- Is my site’s analytics showing low bounce rates or above average user sessions?
- Does my site incorporate strategically placed Calls-to-Action (CTA)?
- Is each of my site’s goals being tracked individually in analytics so you can easily reference what’s working and what needs to be improved upon with site pages?
- Is my site constantly changing by challenging itself with new content, brand messaging, CTA placement, UX changes, etc., to increase conversion rates?
Should you find yourself answering “no” to any of the above questions, it may be time to look seriously at either refreshing your current site or completely redesigning it to take things to the next level for your rehab center. And please do yourself and your facility a favor and NEVER stop redesigning it. Don’t ever be content!
If you don’t have a site, you better get with it and build one STAT! But before you find a partner to design it or decide to use in-house resources, make sure you build it with a solid content strategy in place (text, images, and video) and with Search Engine Optimization top of mind. And please, for the love of all that is good, make sure it’s responsive and automatically adjusts to fit the screen size of whatever device it appears on whether it be desktop, laptop, or smartphone environments. You don’t want to have one of those sites that someone pulls up on their phone and is immediately frustrated because it looks terrible and is impossible to navigate.